Thursday, May 12, 2011

I Killed My Phone!



10th May, 2011, Tuesday, I will not forget this date atleast for few more months. Wanna know whats so special about this day? It was the day I lost my beloved Nokia 5800, My best phone till date. I dont know what had got into me when I decided to take it into the water pool along with me. Yes u saw it right...WATER POOL. I and my brother planned a trip to wonder La Amusement Park on Monday. The last time when I went to Wonder La, I did not capture any pics there, so I thought of taking risk this time. The Plan was simple, put the phone inside 1 Rs. plastic pouch and keep it inside the back pocket of my shorts, and whenever I would like to take pics I will take the phone out of the pouch and later will keep the phone back in the plastic pouch. YES I WAS STUPID! The plan did not work. As soon as I went inside the Pool for the first time, water went inside the stupid pouch, GOD knows how! It was very late when I realised that the plan was stupid and I shouldn't have done that. I tried to switch on the phone but it was not responding, no sign of life, it was lying in my hand like a toy. This spoilt my mood and I got so depressed, but I did not lose the hope, I did not want to lose my phone at any cost. I ran towards the locker room, opened the phone, wiped the water from the phone and kept it in the locker. I thought, by the time I will come back (approx 5 hours) everything will be fine and the phone will start working. Well, honi ko kaun taal sakta hai! I tried to start the phone but the response was same as before, no movement, no flow of charge inside my phone.



I left the cursed place with a sad feeling inside my heart. As soon as I reached Bangalore, I directed my Bike towards Nokia Service Center. There was a ray of hope, a hope that my phone will be fine after servicing, I have one year extended warranty, so I would not have to spend anything on the servicing. I entered the shop, it was already 9 o clock, the watchman told me that shop is closed and I will have to come next day. I requested him to let me go as its very urgent and I cant wait till morning. After he allowed me to go inside, I had to request to one more person, the person who books the complaint. I explained the problem to that person and told him that its in the warrantry period. Immediately he responded back by saying Nokia Warranty does not cover problems caused by water exposure. "OK! I am ready to pay extra money, just see if you can repair my phone" was my reply. He charged me 50 bucks and said that he will be back in 5 mins and will let me know whats the problem in my phone or to be more precise, how big is the problem. I was waiting, just with one hope that everything will be fine and I will never take my phone close to water, not even while having Supper. After some 10 minutes he came back and said nothing can be done now, its gone, the motherboard is completely damaged with water. It was the same scene when doctor comes out of operation theatre and declares "I am sorry, I couldn't save the patient, he is no more". The last ray of hope was gone, I kept the dead body of my phone in the bag and reached home with the pain of losing a close friend.



Its been 3 days and I am still living with the hope that one day my phone will start working. I haven't lose the hope completely and I am not going to buy a new phone till the time I get assured that my friend has left me forever.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry about your phone.. :-( I loved it as much as you did. It's the saddest story I've heard in a while.
    Loved how you expressed it. don be sad.. we'll find you another mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it! I so wish you had taken your Digi Cam instead :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude u r SADIST! :-/ I loved my phone SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanuj - are you crazy?? :-O

    Rahul - I feel equally bad :-( U r being this expressive after a year or so u kno! (pun intended)
    never mind.. and yay!! for writting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. superb writing dude.... :) as far as the day is concerned i wouldn't say a thing cuz it was my birthday..... :P but i can only say move on and buy a new phone.....may be a nokia5800 again.... yourphone taught you a wonderful lesson... Think logically and only take risk when you have nothing to lose but smthng to gain!
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shruti - I know..see now u can understand how much I loved it.

    Thanks Preeti...I wish I would have kept good friendship with Meera Sharma..who knows, if today I was in her best friend list...she could have gifted me an awesome BlackBerry ;) :D

    hmmm but on a serious note...i know i have to move on and i will have to buy something which can fulfill the gap..Search is on Guys!

    ReplyDelete